CECT Chest With 3D
This test is for
What is CECT Chest With 3D?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the chest is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the chest or thorax to identify problems associated with the diaphragm, heart, lungs, food pipe, rib cage, spinal column and surrounding soft tissues like muscles. The data from contrast CT scans are then converted into a 3D image which can be further rotated 360 degrees in any dimension.
Why is CECT Chest With 3D done?
- To determine the cause of symptoms like cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, etc.
- To detect inflammation or infection of heart, lungs, food pipe, liver, stomach and other organs
- To detect injury to the internal organs, bones of rib cage, or spine due to trauma
- To make detailed assessment if some abnormalities appear in a standard X-ray of the chest
- To detect the presence of any tumors (abnormal growth)
- To detect any congenital abnormalities (birth defects)
- To direct intervention procedures like fine needle biopsy
Vrinda Diagnostics is centrally located at Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad. It was established by Dr. Sanjay Sharma, Radiologist & Dr. (Mrs.) Renu Sharma, Pathologist, in year 2000 with only one ultrasound machine & a basic setup in pathology. Despite this very humble beginning, Vrinda Diagnostics pioneered the diagnostic services in & around NCR. In the year 2001, the centre installed first spiral CT machine in the NCR and in year 2002 took a step forward by installing first MRI machine and new concept...