NABL, NABH, ISO
What is CECT Mastoid?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the Mastoid bones is a diagnostic procedure where rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the inner ear. These cross sectional images can then be used to create a complete three dimensional image of the mastoid bone of the inner ear. This image can be used to visibly identify infection of the mastoid bone or other parts of the inner ear.
Preparation for CECT Mastoid
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Why Get Tested for CECT Mastoid?
- To diagnose the infection of the air spaces of mastoid (mastoiditis)
- To diagnose any suspected conditions like otitis media (infection of the ear) and cholesteatoma (abnormal skin growth in the middle ear behind the eardrum)
- To look for any suspected injury or fracture of the mastoid bones
- For the diagnosis of any suspected abnormal growth (tumor) in the mastoid bone region
Suraksha Diagnostic Pvt Ltd - Karkardooma
Karkardooma , NEW DELHI
Suraksha’s Diagnostic Centres are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment from GE, Schiller, Beckman Coulter, Siemens, Roche Diagnostic, Biorat D10, Variant Turbo, Biomerieux, Phillips, etc. The technology is backed by high caliber diagnosticians: radiologists, bio-chemists, pathologists, microbiologists as well as skilled technicians. Diagnostic services range from radiology to pathology and histopathology and molecular biology. Service has always been the distinguishing factor in Suraksha’s popularity. Whether it is the comfort, convenience or courtesy at the Centres or in delivering quick, accurate reports, we have led industry practices in India. Today with services such as online reports and SMS alerts we continue to lead the way in leveraging technology for better services. Suraksha Polyclinics, where specialist doctors can be consulted directly by patients, is another aspect of Suraksha’s service. All Suraksha Diagnostic Centres have an associated Polyclinic. Most polyclinics include super-speciailty clinics for Diabetes, Blood Pressure and Pain Management to provide holistic treatment.