Culture Aerobic Blood (Automated)
Overview of Culture Aerobic Blood (Automated)
What is Culture Aerobic Blood (Automated)?
Blood cultures are used to detect the presence of bacteria or fungi in the blood, to identify the type present and to guide treatment.
The sample type collected for Culture Aerobic Blood (Automated) is: Blood
Preparation for Culture Aerobic Blood (Automated)
- A copy of valid government-issued identification card with the address is required.
Why Get Tested for Culture Aerobic Blood (Automated)?
- If you have signs or symptoms of infection or sepsis like fever, rapid heart rate, nausea, confusion, reduced frequency of urination
- If you have had a recent infection, surgical procedure, valve replacement or you are at a high risk of systemic infections
What Results of Culture Aerobic Blood (Automated) mean?
- Two or more blood cultures that are positive for the same bacteria or fungi means that the person tested likely has a blood infection with that organism. The results typically identify the specific bacteria or fungi causing the infection
- If one blood culture set is positive and one set is negative, it may mean that an infection or skin contaminant is present. Additional tests are done in such cases
- If blood culture sets are negative after several days (no growth), then the probability that the person has a blood infection caused by bacteria or fungi is low
For over a hundred years, human pathology has been one of the keystones of medicine and rightly so at SRL, we offer our patients world-class Pathology services because their well-being is of the utmost importance to us. Pathology is quite simply the scientific study of the overall response of your body to any foreign influence, i.e., disease. Actually, we use this knowledge to diagnose & subsequently treat your ailment. What we basically do is carefully compare the normal structure and function of a human body (anatomy and physiology) to the abnormal structure and function we witness in an unwell human. Doing this is the most crucial phase & we take note of even the minutest details while adjudging the extent of your ailment because one slip can lead to an incorrect diagnosis, posing serious threat to your health. Our experts ensure that they are extremely careful while analyzing the samples. This is where our advanced technology chips in. SRL is proud to host state-of-the-art equipments based on the latest technology for a speedy and accurate result. We do not take any chances whatsoever with your health & well-being. Avail our Pathology services with no hesitation. You are always in good hands with SRL.