What is USG of Inguino-Scrotal Region?
The Scrotal Ultrasound Test is an imaging procedure that uses ultrasound to create an image of the testicles and surrounding tissues to detect and diagnose any associated abnormalities in males.
Why is USG of Inguino-Scrotal Region done?
- To detect and determine the nature of any abnormal mass formed in the scrotum
- To assess the extent of testicular injury due to trauma
- To diagnose any suspected inflammation or infections in the scrotal region
- To determine the cause of male infertility
- To diagnose and locate undescended testicles
- To diagnose any suspected testicular torsion or hernia
Preparation for USG of Inguino-Scrotal Region
- You will have to remove your jewellery and avoid wearing clothes with metal objects like metal zips, studs etc. which might interfere with the image
- Inform your doctor and technician if you have any stents, implants or pacemakers in your body.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the scan.
Hari Nagar, NEW DELHI