What is USG - Neck?
The Ultrasonography of the neck is an imaging procedure that uses ultrasound to create an image of the neck vasculature and glands to diagnose the associated clinical conditions.
Why is USG - Neck done?
- To determine the anatomy of the blood vessels and glands of the neck
- To detect the presence of lumps, nodules, cysts, or other abnormal masses in the neck or thyroid gland
- To diagnose any suspected infection or inflammation in the neck and head region
- To detect the presence of any cancerous mass in the neck
- To guide treatment procedures or further tests like fine needle aspiration or biopsy
Preparation for USG - Neck
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the scan.
Hari Nagar, NEW DELHI