This test is for
What is Sialogram?
Sialogram or Sialography is an imaging procedure where a radiocontrast liquid is injected into a salivary glands and images of the glands are created using fluoroscopy, CT or MRI scan. These images are then examined and are used to assess the underlying pathological conditions.
Why is Sialogram done?
- To diagnose the cause of unexplained foul breath, dry mouth, swelling over the jaws and neck, pain in mouth or face
- To detect constrictions or other obstructions in salivary flow
- To detect and diagnose salivary gland cancer
- To detect inflammation or infection of the salivary gland
- To diagnose salivary duct stones and salivary duct infections
- To diagnose Sjogren’s syndrome, which is an autoimmune disorder that causes dry mouth and eyes
Quality, accurate results, patient service with care and compassion and bringing value to diagnostic needs of the society forms our life at Noble Diagnostic Centre. Established by Dr. Renuka Wadhwa, Noble Diagnostic Centre started as a centre of excellence for Ultrasound and Colour Dopplers. Over the years Noble has also successfully diversified into the field of laboratory medicine by adopting latest techniques, inducting highly skilled professionals and introducing latest state of the art...