What is Follicular Study Single Sitting?
The Follicular Study test is an imaging procedure that uses ultrasound to create an image of the uterus and ovaries using an endovaginal ultrasound transducer and helps to assess follicular activity, to detect any abnormal lesions, and to guide the treatment procedures like selecting a mature ova for in vitro fertilization procedure.
Why is Follicular Study Single Sitting done?
- To assess the size of the ovarian follicles and their time of ovulation
- To detect the lesions or other abnormal structures in the uterus or ovaries
- To guide in vitro fertilization or other assisted reproduction procedures
Preparation for Follicular Study Single Sitting
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Hari Nagar, NEW DELHI
Quality, accurate results, patient service with care and compassion and bringing value to diagnostic needs of the society forms our life at Noble Diagnostic Centre. Established by Dr. Renuka Wadhwa, Noble Diagnostic Centre started as a centre of excellence for Ultrasound and Colour Dopplers. Over the years Noble has also successfully diversified into the field of laboratory medicine by adopting latest techniques, inducting highly skilled professionals and introducing latest state of the art analysers from USA, Germany, Sweden, France and Japan. Our team of experienced doctors at Noble Diagnostic Centre ensures quality at all stages of testing: right from collection of samples to final release of reports. We strive to continuously upgrade our knowledge and technology keeping the pace with latest developments in the field of medical science. We have been awarded prestigious NABL Accreditation, the highest level of accreditation for clinical laboratories in India, for compliance to ISO 15189:2012 by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration laboratories. Dr. Renuka Wadhwa is accredited by The Fetal Medicine Foundation for Nuchal Translucency and Nasal Bone Scans (less than 50 in India). Noble Diagnostic Centre is also the only NABL accredited independent lab in Delhi providing 24 hours sample collection along with night reporting of urgent tests.