What is FNAC?
The fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) uses a fine automated needle / syringe to collect sample of the cells, fluid and not tissues from the tumor in a cancer patient or cancer suspected patient. This sample of the cell or body fluid is then examined under a microscope for confirmation of the cancer. The test involves purely cytopathological so is restricted to cell only and not histopathological (related to tissues)
Why is FNAC done?
- To detect and diagnose cancer in deep seated organs which cannot be accessed with invasive surgical procedures
- To evaluate the recurrence of a cancer following therapy and monitor the efficacy of the treatment (chemotherapy) for tumors already diagnosed
- To differentiate between benign tumor (localized) and malignant tumor (spreading cancer)
- To diagnose breast cancer, prostate cancer, skin cancer, colon / rectum cancer, lung cancer, blood cancer, lymph node cancer
- To monitor the characterization and progression of the stages of cancer (stage I - stage IV)
Preparation for FNAC
- No special preparation required
Hari Nagar, NEW DELHI
Quality, accurate results, patient service with care and compassion and bringing value to diagnostic needs of the society forms our life at Noble Diagnostic Centre. Established by Dr. Renuka Wadhwa, Noble Diagnostic Centre started as a centre of excellence for Ultrasound and Colour Dopplers. Over the years Noble has also successfully diversified into the field of laboratory medicine by adopting latest techniques, inducting highly skilled professionals and introducing latest state of the art analysers from USA, Germany, Sweden, France and Japan. Our team of experienced doctors at Noble Diagnostic Centre ensures quality at all stages of testing: right from collection of samples to final release of reports. We strive to continuously upgrade our knowledge and technology keeping the pace with latest developments in the field of medical science. We have been awarded prestigious NABL Accreditation, the highest level of accreditation for clinical laboratories in India, for compliance to ISO 15189:2012 by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration laboratories. Dr. Renuka Wadhwa is accredited by The Fetal Medicine Foundation for Nuchal Translucency and Nasal Bone Scans (less than 50 in India). Noble Diagnostic Centre is also the only NABL accredited independent lab in Delhi providing 24 hours sample collection along with night reporting of urgent tests.