NABL, NABH, ISO
Overview of Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG
What is Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG?
It is used to screen for or diagnose Herpes simplex infection. A doctor suspects herpes simplex infection when you have blister on your genitals, or symptoms of meningitis like severe headache, seizures. It may also be ordered if you are pregnant and are suffering from herpes. A doctor may also order HSV antibody test if you have another sexually transmitted disease and are at increased risk of infection.
Why is Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG done?
- If you have signs of herpes virus infection like blister on the genitals
- When you have encephalitis and the doctor is suspecting a viral cause
- If you are pregnant, and are suffering from herpes
- If you are being screened for a previous exposure to herpes simplex virus
- If you have any other sexually transmitted disease and are at increased risk of herpes infection
Preparation for Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG
The sample type collected for Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG is: Blood
Interpreting Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG results
- The presence of HSV1 and HSV2 IgG antibodies indicate previous infection
- A significant increase in HSV IgG antibodies , measured by comparing acute samples, indicate and active or recent infection
- Negative antibody test results mean that it is unlikely that a person has been exposed to HSV
MDRC is the pioneer in the field of imaging and pathology in the city. At a time when the healthcare of Gurgaon was in its infancy, MDRC started its operations from the New Railway Road in the year 1985. The journey which started with an X-Ray machine has reached a stage where MDRC today is in top league in terms of the range and quality of diagnostic facilities with more then 2500 tests done in house. There are two independent fully equipped centres located across the highway at New Railway Road in main city and one in Sector - 44 near HUDA city centre. Both the centres are spacious and have complete range of diagnostic facilities in fields of radiology, cardiology, pathology and general health. The experience and patient loyalty gained over the last 30 years has made us the number one diagnostic facility in the state of Haryana and NCR. It is because of our dedicated Doctors and high end equipments which help us solve the diagnostic dilemma in complicated cases that we get patients from all over Haryana and the NCR region as well as international patients. Our doctors bring with them highest level of knowledge and experience in their respective fields. The paramedical staff is highly qualified, well trained and motivated to deliver the best experience to our patients. The other support staff is caring and passionate about their work in order to achieve complete patient satisfaction. Modern diagnostics has expanded its facilities by running the diagnostic services at many other hospitals in the city. The footprint is expanding and now we have crossed national boundaries and have facility in Nepal and will soon extended our facility in more countries.