NABL, NABH, ISO
Overview of HBsAg Qual
What is HBsAg Qual?
This test is ordered when you have signs and symptoms of acute hepatitis like loss of appetite, jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain. Hepatitis B surface antigen test may be used for screening high risk people like homosexuals, people infected with HIV, pregnant women etc. Sometimes, it may also help in diagnosing chronic hepatitis B infection.
Why is HBsAg Qual done?
- If you have signs or symptoms associated with acute hepatitis to determine if they are due to Hepatitis B infection. Various signs and symptoms include fever, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, jaundice, dark urine
- As a follow up test if routine tests like ALT and AST are elevated
- If you are at high risk for chronic Hepatitis B infection like close contact with someone infected with HBV, pregnant woman, if you are infected with HIV, homosexual men
- At a regolar basis to monitor people with chronic hepatitis B infection
Preparation for HBsAg Qual
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for HBsAg Qual
The sample type collected for Hepatitis B s (Surface) Antigen Qualitative is: Blood
Interpreting HBsAg Qual results
The tests for hepatitis B can be ordered individually but usually ordered in combination with other tests
- Positive HBsAg along with positive hepatitis B e antigen tests usually indicate acute infection with the virus and in the infective stage
- Positive hepatitis B surface antigen along with positive core and envelope antibody denotes chronic infection but low risk of infection i.e. carrier state
- Negative HBsAg with positive hepatitits B surface antibody usually indicates no active or prior infection and the individual is not immune
- Negative surface antigen with positive hepatitis B surface antibody denotes that you are immunized against the virus
MDRC is the pioneer in the field of imaging and pathology in the city. At a time when the healthcare of Gurgaon was in its infancy, MDRC started its operations from the New Railway Road in the year 1985. The journey which started with an X-Ray machine has reached a stage where MDRC today is in top league in terms of the range and quality of diagnostic facilities with more then 2500 tests done in house. There are two independent fully equipped centres located across the highway at New Railway Road in main city and one in Sector - 44 near HUDA city centre. Both the centres are spacious and have complete range of diagnostic facilities in fields of radiology, cardiology, pathology and general health. The experience and patient loyalty gained over the last 30 years has made us the number one diagnostic facility in the state of Haryana and NCR. It is because of our dedicated Doctors and high end equipments which help us solve the diagnostic dilemma in complicated cases that we get patients from all over Haryana and the NCR region as well as international patients. Our doctors bring with them highest level of knowledge and experience in their respective fields. The paramedical staff is highly qualified, well trained and motivated to deliver the best experience to our patients. The other support staff is caring and passionate about their work in order to achieve complete patient satisfaction. Modern diagnostics has expanded its facilities by running the diagnostic services at many other hospitals in the city. The footprint is expanding and now we have crossed national boundaries and have facility in Nepal and will soon extended our facility in more countries.