NABL, NABH, ISO
Overview of Creatinine
What is Creatinine?
It is done to evaluate the health of your kidneys. It can be done as a part of basic metabolic panel or when you have signs or symptoms suggestive of kidney disease like swelling of face, ankle, lower back pain, changes in urine output etc. It should also be done to monitor the treatment if you are already diagnosed with a kidney disease. It is also ordered if you have diseases which can affect the kidney like diabetes etc.
The sample type collected for Creatinine is: Blood
Preparation for Creatinine
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Creatinine?
- As a part of routine health check up or basic metabolic panel
- As a part of kidney function test
- If you have signs or symptoms of kidney disease like swelling or puffiness around the eyes, face, wrists etc, poor appetite, change in urinary frequency, bloody urine, mid back pain or high blood pressure
- If you already have a kidney disease, this test is regolarly done to assess the function of your kidneys and plan further management
What Results of Creatinine mean?
- Increased creatinine levels in blood suggest kidney disease or other disorders which may affect kidney function. These include: damage to the blood vessels in kidney (glomerulonephritis), bacterial infection of kidney (pyelonephritis), acute tubular necrosis, kidney stones or rarely congestive heart failure, dehydration etc
- Low levels of creatinine are not usually seen and is not a cause for concern
Patient Concerns about Creatinine
Frequently Asked Questions about Creatinine
Q. Does exercise affect my creatinine levels?
Moderate exercise does not usually affect the creatinine levels. As you continue exercising, more muscle mass is built which may affect the levels temporarily.
Q. Does diet affect the levels of creatinine?
Some studies suggest that eating cooked meat prior to the test may increase the levels.
MDRC is the pioneer in the field of imaging and pathology in the city. At a time when the healthcare of Gurgaon was in its infancy, MDRC started its operations from the New Railway Road in the year 1985. The journey which started with an X-Ray machine has reached a stage where MDRC today is in top league in terms of the range and quality of diagnostic facilities with more then 2500 tests done in house. There are two independent fully equipped centres located across the highway at New Railway Road in main city and one in Sector - 44 near HUDA city centre. Both the centres are spacious and have complete range of diagnostic facilities in fields of radiology, cardiology, pathology and general health. The experience and patient loyalty gained over the last 30 years has made us the number one diagnostic facility in the state of Haryana and NCR. It is because of our dedicated Doctors and high end equipments which help us solve the diagnostic dilemma in complicated cases that we get patients from all over Haryana and the NCR region as well as international patients. Our doctors bring with them highest level of knowledge and experience in their respective fields. The paramedical staff is highly qualified, well trained and motivated to deliver the best experience to our patients. The other support staff is caring and passionate about their work in order to achieve complete patient satisfaction. Modern diagnostics has expanded its facilities by running the diagnostic services at many other hospitals in the city. The footprint is expanding and now we have crossed national boundaries and have facility in Nepal and will soon extended our facility in more countries.