You need to provide
This test is for
What is CA125?
This test is used to monitor treatment for ovarian cancer or to detect recurrence; sometimes to evaluate a pelvic mass and it can also be ordered to help detect early ovarian cancer in those identified as being at high risk.
Why is CA125 done?
- If you have a pelvic mass and the doctor is suspecting ovarian cancer
- When you start treatment for ovarian cancer to monitor further therapy or detect recurrence
- Along with a transvaginal oltrasound, it may be ordered to monitor women who have a high risk for ovarian cancer but have no disease as yet
Interpreting CA125 results
- When used during ovarian cancer therapy, if the level of CA 125 falls during therapy, it generally indicates that the cancer is responding to treatment. If it rises or stays the same, the cancer may not be responding. High CA 125 after completion of treatment may indicate that the cancer has come back
- In a women with a pelvic mass and in a women with high risk of developing ovarian cancer, a significantly elevated CA 125 is a concern but does not necessarily indicate ovarian cancer and should be confirmed by other tests
MDRC is the pioneer in the field of imaging and pathology in the city. At a time when the healthcare of Gurgaon was in its infancy, MDRC started its operations from the New Railway Road in the year 1985. The journey which started with an X-Ray machine has reached a stage where MDRC today is in top league in terms of the range and quality of diagnostic facilities with more then 2500 tests done in house. There are two independent fully equipped centres located across the highway at New Railway...