This test is for
What is Stress Echo-Cardiography?
The Stress Echocardiography test also called as an echocardiography stress test or stress echo is an imaging procedure in which the images of the heart are taken using ultrasonography while exercising. It helps to understand blood flow to the heart muscles during stress and detect disorders and abnormalities.
Why is Stress Echo-Cardiography done?
- To assess blood flow patterns to the heart muscles during exercise
- To detect structural anomalies of blood vessels developing under stress
- To understand and diagnose cause of chest pain
- To determine efficiency of heart under stress, especially after a previous heart attack
- To determine the efficacy of medications or other treatment procedures for heart conditions
- To determine how much exercise you can safely tolerate if you’re in cardiac rehabilitation
- To follow up after treatments such as bypass grafting, angioplasty, and anti-anginal or antiarrhythmic medications
Metro Group of Hospitals has an outstanding and recognized team of doctors led by Dr. Purshotam Lal in all specialties including Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Respiratory, Oncology, Orthopaedics Joint replacement, Gastro and Bariatric Surgery, Neurology and Neurosurgery etc. All their senior doctors are former deans, professors or directors of reputed institutes. It is a matter of great pride that they, at Metro, have created a facility and an atmosphere of team-work and...