Overview of Thyroxine - Free
What is Thyroxine - Free?
The Free Thyroxine test is performed to measure the free levels of thyroxine or T4 hormone in blood to understand thyroid functioning.
The sample type collected for Thyroxine - Free is: Blood
Preparation for Thyroxine - Free
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Thyroxine - Free?
- To diagnose various disorders of the thyroid gland and identify the cause, especially hypothyroidism
- When symptoms of thyroid disease appear combined with abnormal TSH results
- To screen newborns for hypothyroidism
- To monitor treatment efficacy while being treated for thyroid disorders
What Results of Thyroxine - Free mean?
- Low T4 (thyroxine) and T3 along with high TSH level indicates hypothyroidism. The most common cause of hypothyroidism is Hashimoto thyroiditis
- High T4 (thyroxine) and T3 along with low TSH indicates hyperthyroidism. The most common cause of hyperthyroidism is Grave’s disease
- Normal thyroxine (T4) and T3 along with high TSH usually indicates mild or sub clinical hypothyroidism
- Normal T3 and T4 along with low TSH indicates mild or sub clinical hyperthyroidism
Gen-X Diagnostics is a unit of ARA Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. founded by leading applied research scientist Dr. Rama Mukherjee. Gen-X specializes in the field of molecular diagnostics, focusing on the development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services. It is one of the first of its kind R&D Company focusing on development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services with an intention to assisting its global partners in shortening the cycle and lowering the cost of drug discovery and development by providing cost effective and efficient co-development and outlicencing solution. Gen X Diagnostics is a unique leading Molecular Diagnostics in India offering a wide range of tests for infectious diseases, transplantation medicine, prenatal diagnostics, cancer, genetic disorder, metabolic and hormonal disorders. Gen-X Diagnostics has started its diagnostics operation from Dec 2007. We do reflect a commitment to improving the lives through the delivery of innovative diagnosis and therapeutic products that enable and provide optimal care.