Overview of Rubella Virus - IgG
What is Rubella Virus - IgG?
The IgG Rubella test is ordered if you are pregnant and have signs or symptoms which may indicate rubella infection like fever, rashes, inflamed eyes, aching joints etc. It may be ordered when a new born is born with birth defects such as hearing loss, heart defects or cataracts.
The sample type collected for Rubella Virus - IgG is: Blood
Preparation for Rubella Virus - IgG
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Rubella Virus - IgG?
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- When a pregnant women has signs and symptoms suggestive of rubella infection like mild fever, rash on the face and body, stuffy nose, red eyes, aching joints, swollen lymph nodes
- It is ordered in a newborn when mother was diagnosed with rubella infection during pregnancy
What Results of Rubella Virus - IgG mean?
- Positive Rubella IgG in adults usually indicates prior infection or vaccination with the virus
- Positive IgG in a newborn usually signifies that mother has passed the antibodies to baby during pregnancy
- Negative Rubella IgG along with IgM means no current or prior infection with the virus
Gen-X Diagnostics is a unit of ARA Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. founded by leading applied research scientist Dr. Rama Mukherjee. Gen-X specializes in the field of molecular diagnostics, focusing on the development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services. It is one of the first of its kind R&D Company focusing on development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services with an intention to assisting its global partners in shortening the cycle and lowering the cost of drug discovery and development by providing cost effective and efficient co-development and outlicencing solution. Gen X Diagnostics is a unique leading Molecular Diagnostics in India offering a wide range of tests for infectious diseases, transplantation medicine, prenatal diagnostics, cancer, genetic disorder, metabolic and hormonal disorders. Gen-X Diagnostics has started its diagnostics operation from Dec 2007. We do reflect a commitment to improving the lives through the delivery of innovative diagnosis and therapeutic products that enable and provide optimal care.