Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Rheumatoid Factor - Quantitative
It is ordered when you have signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis like pain or swelling in the joints and morning stiffness. It is also used to differentiate Rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis like pain or swelling in the joints and morning stiffness
- It is also used to differentiate Rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis
- No special preparation required
What Results of Rheumatoid Factor - Quantitative mean?
- The readings are usually read in conjunction with person’s symptoms and clinical history.
- The presence of significant concentrations of rheumatoid factor usually indicates rheumatoid arthritis. However, positive RF test may be seen in SLE, scleroderma, endocarditis, tuberculosis etc.
- A negative test usually rules out rheumatoid arthritis
Gen-X Diagnostics is a unit of ARA Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. founded by leading applied research scientist Dr. Rama Mukherjee. Gen-X specializes in the field of molecular diagnostics, focusing on the development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services. It is one of the first of its kind R&D Company focusing on development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services with an intention to assisting its global partners in shortening the cycle and lowering the cost of drug discovery and development by providing cost effective and efficient co-development and outlicencing solution. Gen X Diagnostics is a unique leading Molecular Diagnostics in India offering a wide range of tests for infectious diseases, transplantation medicine, prenatal diagnostics, cancer, genetic disorder, metabolic and hormonal disorders. Gen-X Diagnostics has started its diagnostics operation from Dec 2007. We do reflect a commitment to improving the lives through the delivery of innovative diagnosis and therapeutic products that enable and provide optimal care.