Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Lipid Profile
It includes the evaluation of your total cholesterol, high density lipoproteins (HDL), low density lipoproteins (LDL) and triglycerides. This test is basically used for the assessment of your risk of cardiovascular disease. You should get this test done every 4 to 6 years if you don’t have any other risk factors for heart disease; get it done yearly if you have risk factors for heart disease like high blood pressure, smoking, diabetes, low HDL cholesterol, and family history of heart disease.
Why Get Tested
- It is a part of complete health check up or package
- If you are already diagnosed with heart disease
- It shoold be done every six months if you have risk factors for heart diseases like cigarette smoking, hypertension, diabetes, family history of heart disease
- Even if you don't have risk factors for heart disease, get this test done every four to six years
- The American Academy of Pediatrics also recommend that lipid profile must be done once between the ages of 9 to 11 years and again between 17 to 21 years of age
- It is done routinely to evaluate the effectiveness of lipid lowering medicines
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
What Results of Lipid Profile mean?
- In general, healthy lipid levels help to maintain a healthy heart and lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke
- High level of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides are associated with high risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Low levels of HDL cholesterol can lead to increased risk of heart diseases
Tests Included in Lipid Profile(5 tests)
- Cholesterol - HDL
- Cholesterol - LDL
- Very Low Density Lipoprotein
Gen-X Diagnostics is a unit of ARA Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. founded by leading applied research scientist Dr. Rama Mukherjee. Gen-X specializes in the field of molecular diagnostics, focusing on the development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services. It is one of the first of its kind R&D Company focusing on development of genetic, biological and molecular diagnostic services with an intention to assisting its global partners in shortening the cycle and lowering the cost of drug discovery and development by providing cost effective and efficient co-development and outlicencing solution. Gen X Diagnostics is a unique leading Molecular Diagnostics in India offering a wide range of tests for infectious diseases, transplantation medicine, prenatal diagnostics, cancer, genetic disorder, metabolic and hormonal disorders. Gen-X Diagnostics has started its diagnostics operation from Dec 2007. We do reflect a commitment to improving the lives through the delivery of innovative diagnosis and therapeutic products that enable and provide optimal care.