Overview of Insulin - Post Prandial
What is Insulin - Post Prandial?
When you have low blood glucose levels with symptoms such as sweating, palpitations, dizziness, fainting; when you have diabetes and your health practitioner wants to monitor your insulin production; sometimes when it is suspected that you have insulin resistance.
The sample type collected for Insulin - Post Prandial is: Blood
Preparation for Insulin - Post Prandial
- Blood sample is to be given 2 hours after the start of the meal.
Why Get Tested for Insulin - Post Prandial?
- If you have signs or symptoms of low blood glucose (hypoglycemia) like sweating, hunger, confusion, blurred vision, dizziness, palpitations and sometimes fainting
- In case of suspected type 2 diabetes, polycystic ovarian syndrome, heart disease or metabolic syndrome
- To determine the start of insolin therapy if you are a diabetic
- In case of suspected insolinoma
- To detect insolin resistance
What Results of Insulin - Post Prandial mean?
- High insulin levels along with normal fasting glucose level indicate insulin resistance. Causes of high fasting insulin levels are acromegaly, Cushing syndrome, insulinomas, obesity
- Normal insulin level along with low fasting glucose level usually indicate hypoglycemia due to excess insulin
- Low insulin level with high fasting glucose level usually mean that there is not enough insulin produced by beta cells which may be seen in diabetes, pancreatitis
Patient Concerns about Insulin - Post Prandial
Frequently Asked Questions about Insulin - Post Prandial
Q. Can I do a home insulin test?
No, insulin test requires special instruments so, it can only be done in laboratories
Q. How often should the test be done?
Your physician might ask you to repeat this test once in a year or at the start of your diabetes treatment. It is not done on a regular basis.
Dr Lalchandani Labs are committed to offering the best of the Diagnostic tests services in Delhi/NCR. Being in existence since 30 years, we have earned complete trust of doctors, hospitals and patients through our NABL accredited Quality – India’s Highest quality accreditation. With our vast experience in this field, we know how to handle all the nuances of performing blood tests accurately and hence rightly claimed the bragging rights of being one of the best Pathology labs in Delhi. We have multiple Labs and collection Centers across Delhi and NCR and also serve some of the Leading Hospitals of Delhi. The main branches are located at Greater Kailash 1 and Lajpat Nagar of South Delhi area. It is a highly recommended pathology lab in South Delhi. Apart from Pathology, Dr Lalchandani Labs specializes in Radiology, Hospital Lab Management, Doctor Consultation, Corporate Health Check Up and providing blood to the needy through our CPC Blood Bank. We are Managing Labs at Primus Super Specialty Hospital in Chanakyapuri, Shanti Mukund Hospital in Karkardooma, Nanda Hospital, Chattarpur and Eden Hospital, East of Kailash. We have been in the services since the year 1986 and with the setting up of diagnostic centers in Greater Kailash, Lajpat Nagar and few other diagnostic labs in Delhi in quick years, Dr Lalchandani Labs are the lifeline of the capital city. Usually, the health checkups are quite expensive and tedious but with us, you won’t spend your valuable time in waiting and following up. We also provide Home collection service of Blood Samples to ensure you get the best of quality blood tests at the comforts of your Home. Our health checkup packages in Delhi will ensure that you have less time to invest at our clinics because we value our customers’ time. Our clients have been delighted with our customized packages corresponding to the need of our visitors. Dr Lalchandani Labs’ Full body health checkup in Delhi is the highest opted package among a variety of other packages. One can look at the various health checkup packages in Delhi, and we will be delighted to assist you in getting you in the pink of your health. Not only families show interest in health diagnosis, but also the multi-national companies who want to learn the fitness and health meter of their employees. Dr Lalchandani Labs has been a trusted partner for many corporates for corporate health packages in Delhi. So don’t shy away from the best of your health and get in touch for your health scan. We promise to you an excellent journey henceforth.