Overview of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme
What is Angiotensin Converting Enzyme?
When you have granulomas that produce small bumps under the skin, a lingering cough, red watery eyes, and/or other symptoms suggestive of sarcoidosis; regularly when you have active sarcoidosis to monitor its course.
The sample type collected for Angiotensin Converting Enzyme is: Blood
Preparation for Angiotensin Converting Enzyme
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Angiotensin Converting Enzyme?
- If you have signs or symptoms suggestive of sarcoidosis like chronic cough or shortness of breath, watery eyes, joint pains or grnaolaomas
- If you have been already diagnosed with sarcoidosis, this test may be ordered routinely to monitor the disease activity
What Results of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme mean?
- An increased ACE level in a person with clinical findings suggestive of sarcoidosis means that it is likely that a person has an active case of sarcoidosis, if other diseases have been ruled out. The finding of a high ACE level helps to confirm the diagnosis
- A normal ACE level cannot be sued to rule out sarcoidosis since sarcoidosis may be present without an elevated ACE level
- It may also be used to monitor the course of treatment in sarcoidosis. An initial high level which decreases over time usually indicates spontaneous or therapy induced remission and a favorable prognosis. On the other hand, a rising ACE level may indicate either the disease is not responding or it is progressing
Patient Concerns about Angiotensin Converting Enzyme
Frequently Asked Questions about Angiotensin Converting Enzyme
Q. Are there any other conditions except sarcoidosis which can lead to increased or decreased ACE levels?
Decreased ACE levels may also be seen in lung diseases like emphysema, hypothyroidism, starvation, steroid therapy. The levels may be moderately increased in hyperthyroidism, diabetes, alcoholic cirrhosis, lymphoma, tuberculosis, leprosy
Dr Lalchandani Labs are committed to offering the best of the Diagnostic tests services in Delhi/NCR. Being in existence since 30 years, we have earned complete trust of doctors, hospitals and patients through our NABL accredited Quality – India’s Highest quality accreditation. With our vast experience in this field, we know how to handle all the nuances of performing blood tests accurately and hence rightly claimed the bragging rights of being one of the best Pathology labs in Delhi. We have multiple Labs and collection Centers across Delhi and NCR and also serve some of the Leading Hospitals of Delhi. The main branches are located at Greater Kailash 1 and Lajpat Nagar of South Delhi area. It is a highly recommended pathology lab in South Delhi. Apart from Pathology, Dr Lalchandani Labs specializes in Radiology, Hospital Lab Management, Doctor Consultation, Corporate Health Check Up and providing blood to the needy through our CPC Blood Bank. We are Managing Labs at Primus Super Specialty Hospital in Chanakyapuri, Shanti Mukund Hospital in Karkardooma, Nanda Hospital, Chattarpur and Eden Hospital, East of Kailash. We have been in the services since the year 1986 and with the setting up of diagnostic centers in Greater Kailash, Lajpat Nagar and few other diagnostic labs in Delhi in quick years, Dr Lalchandani Labs are the lifeline of the capital city. Usually, the health checkups are quite expensive and tedious but with us, you won’t spend your valuable time in waiting and following up. We also provide Home collection service of Blood Samples to ensure you get the best of quality blood tests at the comforts of your Home. Our health checkup packages in Delhi will ensure that you have less time to invest at our clinics because we value our customers’ time. Our clients have been delighted with our customized packages corresponding to the need of our visitors. Dr Lalchandani Labs’ Full body health checkup in Delhi is the highest opted package among a variety of other packages. One can look at the various health checkup packages in Delhi, and we will be delighted to assist you in getting you in the pink of your health. Not only families show interest in health diagnosis, but also the multi-national companies who want to learn the fitness and health meter of their employees. Dr Lalchandani Labs has been a trusted partner for many corporates for corporate health packages in Delhi. So don’t shy away from the best of your health and get in touch for your health scan. We promise to you an excellent journey henceforth.