NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of FER
What is FER?
Ferritin levels reflect iron stoes in normal individuals. A low serum ferritin level is an indicator of iron depletion. This assay is clinically useful in distinguishing between Iron deficiency anemia (low level) and anemia of chronic disease (normal or high level). It is also useful to assess iron overload conditions like Hemochromatosis. Ferritin is also an acute phase reactant.
Why is FER done?
- If you have signs or symptoms of iron deficiency anemia like pallor, fatigue, weakness, headaches
- If your CBC shows that your hemoglobin and hematocrit are low and RBC’s are smaller and paler than normal which usually suggest iron deficiency anemia
- If you have signs or symptoms of increased accumolation of iron in the body like joint pain, abdominal pain, fatigue, loss of body hair
Preparation for FER
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
Sample Type for FER
The sample type collected for Ferritin is: Blood
Interpreting FER results
- Low ferritin levels usually suggest iron deficiency anemia
- High ferritin levels are seen in sideroblastic anemia, hemachromatosis, hemolytic anemia or after multiple blood transfusions
- Ferritin levels are not usually done alone. They should be read in conjunction with other tests for iron
- Ferritin is also an important acute phase reactant so can be increased in inflammation, liver disease, chronic infections etc.
About Dr. Lal PathLabs Ltd.We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).
User Reviews about Ferritin
U guys r just worth creating historical change in our society by giving them power of health awareness