NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Calcium
A blood calcium test is ordered as a part of routine metabolic panel; when you have symptoms of kidney, thyroid or parathyroid disorders; when you have symptoms of high calcium such as weakness, nausea, vomiting, constipation, abdominal pain or low calcium like abdominal cramps, muscle cramps, tingling fingers. Sometimes, calcium monitoring is also done when you have been diagnosed with certain cancers like breast, lung or kidney.
Why Get Tested
- As a part of routine health screening or metabolic panel
- If you have symptoms suggesting bone disease, kidney stones, neurologic disorder, thyroid or parathyroid disorder
- If you have symptoms of high calcium like fatigue, weakness, nausea, vomiting, constipation, abdominal pain
- If you have symptoms of low calcium like muscle cramps, abdominal cramps or tingling fingers
- Calcium monitoring is also necessary if you have certain types of cancer like breast, kidney, lung or moltiple myeloma
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
What Results of Calcium mean?
- High total calcium also called as hypercalcemia is seen commonly in hyperparathyroidism or certain cancers and rarely in hyperthyroidism, sarcoidosis, tuberculosis
- Low total calcium or hypocalcemia is seen in liver disease or malnutrition, alcoholism, hypoparathyroidism, decreased levels of vitamin D, renal failure etc.
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).
U guys r just worth creating historical change in our society by giving them power of health awareness