What is HRCT Temp-Coronal?
The High Resolution Computed Tomography or HRCT scan of the Temporal Bone is an imaging procedure that uses narrow beams of X-rays to create a high resolution image of the structures of the middle and inner ears to assess their normal structure and identify any problems associated with them.
Preparation for HRCT Temp-Coronal
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Why Get Tested for HRCT Temp-Coronal?
- To assess the structures of the middle and inner ears and to diagnose the clinical conditions affecting them and direct treatment procedures
- To diagnose the cause of clinical conditions like hearing loss, pulsatile tinnitus
- To diagnose clinical conditions like external auditory canal atresia, middle ear inflammation/cholesteatoma, temporal bone trauma and vascular tympanic membrane
Dr. Gulati Imaging Institute
Hauz Khas, DELHI
Dr. Gulati Imaging Institute is a unit of SM Imaging Institute Pvt. Ltd. has been conceptualized to provide diagnostic services par excellence with endeavour to reach beyond international standards. The facility has the latest state of the art technology backed up by a team of experts in the field.