What is HRCT CHEST - Contrast?
The High Resolution Computed Tomography (HRCT) scan of the chest is an imaging procedure that uses narrow beams of X-rays to create a high resolution image of the lung anatomy after a gaseous contrast material is inhaled. These images are assessed to see the lung anatomy and airflow patterns to detect and diagnose any pathological conditions.
Preparation for HRCT CHEST - Contrast
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Why Get Tested for HRCT CHEST - Contrast?
- To assess the function of the lungs and the risk of development of diffuse lung disease
- To detect presence of any abnormal growth in the lungs
- To detect obstructions to airflow in the lungs
- To identify the location to perform lung biopsy if needed
Dr. Gulati Imaging Institute
Hauz Khas, DELHI
Dr. Gulati Imaging Institute is a unit of SM Imaging Institute Pvt. Ltd. has been conceptualized to provide diagnostic services par excellence with endeavour to reach beyond international standards. The facility has the latest state of the art technology backed up by a team of experts in the field.