CT Angio - Renal Arteries
This test is for
What is CT Angio - Renal Arteries?
The Computed Tomography (CT) based Angiography of the renal arteries is an imaging procedure in which the rotating beams of X-rays are used after injection of a contrast material to create a detailed image of the blood vessels of the kidneys and blood flow patterns to help detect and diagnose blood vessel disorders and blockages, if any.
Why is CT Angio - Renal Arteries done?
- To evaluate the blood vessels of the kidneys in case of physical trauma or injury
- To evaluate the weak points in blood vessels or aneurysm
- To check for blockages in blood vessels due to plaque deposition or blood clot formation• To assess any abnormal formations of the blood vessels
- To study any suspected tumors (abnormal growth) and blood supply to tumors
- To determine the presence of haemorrhage or internal bleeding
- To assess the functioning of the kidneys
- To plan and to check the efficacy of various treatment procedures including kidney transplants
Family Health Care Hospital’ is an eminent entity acknowledged for its world-class medical facilities. The Hospital is renowned for Blood Bank, Dialysis Centre, Cardiology, ICU, NICU, Pathology, Modular OTs, IVF/ IUI Centre, Emergency / Trauma Centre, Dental Department, Physiotherapy, Radiology Department and Pharmacy. Our super Specialty hospital and research centre started initially with 100 beds with state-of-the-art facilities in laparoscopic and General surgery, Medicine, Paediatric care...