Overview of HLA B-27, Flowcytometry
What is HLA B-27, Flowcytometry?
This is a marker which is used to evaluate if you are suffering from certain auto immune disorders like ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis or anterior uveitis.
Why is HLA B-27, Flowcytometry done?
- If you have acute or chronic pain and inflammation in the spine, neck, chest, eyes or joints and the doctor is suspecting an autoimmune disorder
- If you have recurrent uveitis
- If your doctor is suspecting that you are suffering from ankylosing spondylitis
Preparation for HLA B-27, Flowcytometry
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for HLA B-27, Flowcytometry
The sample type collected for HLA B-27, Flowcytometry is: Blood
Interpreting HLA B-27, Flowcytometry results
- Positive HLA B27 test along with features of chronic pain, inflammation, changes in bones as seen on X ray usually supports a diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis or another auto immune disorder
- Negative HLA B27 test does not necessarily mean that you are not suffering from the suspected auto immune disorder since this marker is not positive in all patients
- The results of HLA B27 should always be correlated with patient’s history and radiologic findings