Overview of Glucose - Postprandial Urine
What is Glucose - Postprandial Urine?
This test is usually ordered to assess the presence of diabetes in a patient or for monitoring patients who are on anti diabetic medicines to see the response to treatment.
The sample type collected for Glucose - Postprandial Urine is: Urine
Preparation for Glucose - Postprandial Urine
- Blood sample is to be given 2 hours after the start of the meal.
Why Get Tested for Glucose - Postprandial Urine?
- If you have signs or symptoms of diabetes like excessive thirst, excessive hunger, excessive urine frequency, weight loss
- To monitor the glucose levels in diabetics for assessing kidney damage
- To assess effect of treatment in diabetics
What Results of Glucose - Postprandial Urine mean?
- The presence of glucose in urine is usually suggestive of diabetes
- The absence of glucose in urine usually means no diabetes
City X-Ray and Scan Clinic is the most reputed and leading chain of diagnostic centres in Delhi NCR. It was started in 1993 with the aim to serve society by installing ‘State of the art’ technology & equipment in all streams i.e. Radiology, Pathology, Cardiology & Neurophysiology all under one roof.