What is CECT Mastoid?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the Mastoid bones is a diagnostic procedure where rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the inner ear. These cross sectional images can then be used to create a complete three dimensional image of the mastoid bone of the inner ear. This image can be used to visibly identify infection of the mastoid bone or other parts of the inner ear.
Preparation for CECT Mastoid
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
Why Get Tested for CECT Mastoid?
- To diagnose the infection of the air spaces of mastoid (mastoiditis)
- To diagnose any suspected conditions like otitis media (infection of the ear) and cholesteatoma (abnormal skin growth in the middle ear behind the eardrum)
- To look for any suspected injury or fracture of the mastoid bones
- For the diagnosis of any suspected abnormal growth (tumor) in the mastoid bone region
Advance Diagnostic Centre (A unit of Imaging Associates)
Hargobind Enclave - Delhi, NEW DELHI
Advance Diagnostic Centre in Delhi is situated in one of the largest neighbourhoods in Delhi, Advance Diagnostic Centre in Karkardooma is a part of the integrated network of pathology labs. This venture embarked on its journey with a longstanding commitment and a vision to make a wide range of specialized testing services available to the common man. In the sector, this centre has been consistent towards its commitment to excellence and innovation in whatever they do. The centre is well equipped with the latest in technological advancements and automation and adhere to the various stringent internal and external quality control mechanisms. This centre is at 67 on the . Undoubtedly it is one of the best pathology labs in Karkardooma, Delhi.\r\nServices offered at Advance Diagnostic Centre\r\nPrimarily, Advance Diagnostic Centre in Karkardooma is a collection centre where its core service is to collect samples from patients for a battery of tests. This centre collects blood, urine, stool and other body fluid samples of patients. The pathology testing services covers six disciplines, namely Clinical Chemistry, Clinical Microbiology, Cytogenetics, Haematology, Molecular Diagnostics and Surgical Pathology. Be it for routine screening procedures or for more specialised or advanced assays, choose from a plethora of diagnostic tests. Walk into this clinic from 08:00 - 22:00 from Monday to Sunday. To schedule an appointment, click on the 'Book Online' tab.