Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Iron Deficiency Profile
This test is ordered as a follow up test when abnormal results are found on routine tests such as CBC; when your doctor is suspecting either deficiency of iron or excess of iron. The features of iron deficiency are pale skin, fatigue, headaches, weakness.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of iron deficiency anemia like pallor, fatigue, weakness, headaches
- If your CBC shows that your hemoglobin and hematocrit are low and RBC’s are smaller and paler than normal which usually suggest iron deficiency anemia
- If you have signs or symptoms of increased accumulation of iron in the body like joint pain, abdominal pain, fatigue, loss of body hair
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
What Results of Iron Deficiency Profile mean?
- A low iron with a high TIBC and transferrin usually indicates iron deficiency anemia. Various causes of iron deficiency are decreased intake, pregnancy, lactation, malabsorption syndromes
- High levels of serum iron can occur as a result of multiple blood transfusions, lead poisoning, liver diseases, sideroblastic anemia, hemachromatosis
Tests Included in Iron Deficiency Profile(3 tests)
- Iron Serum
- Percent Transferrin Saturation
1MG labs (powered by Niramaya) offers highest quality diagnostic services at the convinience of your doorstep. We pride ourselves on three things 1) Assured Quality 2) Best Prices 3) Excellent Turn Around Time. We believe in providing the highest level of transparency to our customers. Our partner labs have accreditations like NABL and ISO, the gold standards of quality in diagnostics. Our entire team is dedicated to providing the best customer experience and continues strives to come up with solutions to remain in line with the needs of our customers.
Based on my experience, I recommend 1mg labs to all those who are looking for quality, punctuality and competency.
Great experience with 1mg