Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Culture Stool
Stool culture is a test used to examine the presence of any micro organisms in the stool or feces to identify the cause of any gastrointestinal distress.
Why Get Tested
- If your doctor suspects any stomach or intestinal infection
- If you experience signs or symptoms such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, fever for a long time
- If you have severe symptoms such as extreme dehydration, or have diarrhea from traveling to another country.
- No special preparation required
What Results of Culture Stool mean?
- A positive result means that there is growth of particular micro organsim in the stool sample, which indicates an infection with that organsim
- A negative result means that there are no abnormal organisms present in the stool sample
Patient Concerns about Culture Stool
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does normal stool contains bacteria?
Yes, our gastrointestinal system is home to millions of bacteria. These bacteria help us in digestion. Hence, they are called good bacteria. Sometimes, due to contamination other infectious bacteria enter our bodies causing infection.
1MG labs (powered by Niramaya) offers highest quality diagnostic services at the convinience of your doorstep. We pride ourselves on three things 1) Assured Quality 2) Best Prices 3) Excellent TurnRead More
Based on my experience, I recommend 1mg labs to all those who are looking for quality, punctuality and competency.
Great experience with 1mg