NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Total IgE
A total IgE test may be ordered when you have periodic or persistent symptoms that may be due to an allergic reaction. Symptoms may include those that suggest skin, respiratory, and/or digestive involvement, like itching, itchy eyes, eczema, nausea, vomiting, sneezing, coughing, difficulty breathing, or Asthma symptoms: wheezing, breathlessness, coughing, tightness in the chest. It is also ordered when a doctor suspects a parasitic infection.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms suggesting an allergic disorder like periodic or persistent itching, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, eczema, itchy eyes, sneezing, coughing etc.
- If your doctor is suspecting a parasitic infection
- No special preparation required
What Results of Total IgE mean?
- If your total IgE level is increased, it usually indicates that you are suffering from one or more allergies. Sometimes, increased levels are also associated with parasitic infections.
- An elevated IgE indicates an allergic process but does not indicate what a person is allergic to. In general, the greater the number of things a person is allergic to, the higher is the IgE level.
Patient Concerns about Total IgE
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How effective is the skin test for allergies?
The skin of the arm is pricked by needle containing the specified allergen, causing a red swelling when positive. It is a very specific test but requires multiple pricks for each type of allergen to be tested.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.