NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Testosterone Total
This test is used to detect abnormal testosterone level in males and females; in males to help diagnose the causes of erectile dysfunction; the inability of your partner to get pregnant; or premature or delayed puberty. In females, this test may be used to diagnose the cause of masculine physical features, infertility or polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Why Get Tested
- In boys,this test is ordered if they have symptoms of delayed puberty like lack of body hair, delayed growth of testes and penis, delayed development of muscle mass or early puberty
- In men, it is ordered for an infertility work up or when a man has decreased sex drive or erectile dysfunction
- In females, this test is ordered if she has irregolar or no menstrual periods, is having difficolty getting pregnant or appears to have male like features
- No special preparation required
What Results of Testosterone Total mean?
- A low testosterone level in males may be due to pituitary or hypothalamic disease, genetic disorders like Klinefelter syndrome
- A high testosterone level in males can indicate testicular tumors, adrenal tumors, early puberty
- In females, testosterone levels are normally low. Increased levels can indicate polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), ovarian tumor, or congenital adrenal hyperplasia
Patient Concerns about Testosterone Total
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Are there any other conditions which can lead to abnormal testosterone levels?
Alcoholism and liver disease in males can decrease testosterone levels. Some drugs like steroids and androgen can also have the same effect.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.