NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
It is used to screen for or diagnose Herpes simplex infection. A doctor suspects herpes simplex infection when you have blister on your genitals, or symptoms of meningitis like severe headache, seizures. It may also be ordered if you are pregnant and are suffering from herpes. A doctor may also order HSV antibody test if you have another sexually transmitted disease and are at increased risk of infection.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs of herpes virus infection like blister on the genitals
- When you have encephalitis and the doctor is suspecting a viral cause
- If you are pregnant, and are suffering from herpes
- If you are being screened for a previous exposure to herpes simplex virus
- If you have any other sexually transmitted disease and are at increased risk of herpes infection
No special preparation required
- The presence of HSV 2 IgG antibodies usually indicates previous infection
- A significant increase in HSV IgG antibodies, measured by comparing acute and convalescent samples usually indicate ans active or recent infection
- Negative HSV antibody test usually means that it is unlikely that the person has been exposed to HSV
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can herpes infection be prevented?
Oral herpes can’t be prevented. Exposure occurs during everyday life. Genital herpes can be prevented by avoiding sexual contact or through the use of condoms.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.