NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Anti Thyroglobulin Antibody
Your thyroid gland produces a number of proteins including thyroglobulin. This protein helps produce hormones released by thyroid. Your doctor may order a anti thyroglobulin antibody test if you have symptoms of a thyroid disorder (hypothyroidism) like fatigue, weight gain, constipation, cold intolerance or when your other thyroid tests like T3, T4, and TSH show some abnormality.
Why Get Tested
- Prior to and after the completion of treatment for thyroid cancer to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment
- To monitor the recurrence of thyroid cancer
- If you have symptoms of hyperthyroidism like sweating, rapid heart rate, tremors, anxiety, weight loss, protruding eyes
- If you have symptoms of hypothyroidism like weight gain, fatigue, constipation, cold intolerance
- If you have another autoimmune disorder and are at increased risk of thyroid dysfunction
- No special preparation required
What Results of Anti Thyroglobulin Antibody mean?
- If thyroglobulin concentrations are initially elevated in a person diagnosed with thyroid cancer, then it is likely that thyroglobulin can be used as a tumor marker. Thyroglobulin levels should be undetectable or very low after the surgical removal of the thyroid (thyroidectomy) and/or after subsequent radioactive iodine treatments. If levels are still detectable, there may be normal or cancerous thyroid tissue remaining in the person's body, indicating the need for additional treatment
- If the level of thyroglobulin is low for a few weeks or months after surgery and then begins to rise over time, then the cancer is probably recurring
- Decreasing levels of thyroglobulin in those treated for Grave's disease indicate a response to treatment
- People who have goitre, thyroiditis or hyperthyroidism may have elevated thyroglobulin levels, although this test is not routinely ordered
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.