NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
It is frequently ordered as a part of routine physical examination, when your doctor thinks that you have symptoms of liver or kidney disease; sometimes when you have symptoms associated with malnutrition. Frequently, it is ordered prior to any planned surgery to check the nutritional status.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of liver disease like weakness, unexplained weight loss, loss of appetite, dark urine light stool, yellowing of eyes or skin and itching
- As part of liver profile if you have liver disease, alcoholism or you are taking any medicines which affect the liver
- As a part of complete health check up
No special preparation required
- Decreased albumin levels can be seen in low protein diet, liver disease, weight loss sugery, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease
- Increased albumin levels may be seen in high protein diet, dehydration or blood loss
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I perform this test at home?
Currently, there is no home testing kit available for blood albumin testing. However, a testing kit is available for urine albumin test.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.