Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Vitamin E
Vitamin E helps in the maintenance of biomembranes of vascular and nervous systems & has anti-oxidant properties. This assay is useful for assessing if you have motor and sensory neuropathies. It is also useful for monitoring vitamin E status of premature infants requiring oxygenation.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of mal-absorption syndromes like celiac disease, tropical sprue, Crohn’s disease which may cause weight loss, diarrhoea, vomiting
- If you have symptoms of Vitmain E deficiency like tingling or numbness in limbs, poor muscle co-ordination
- No special preparation required
What Results of Vitamin E mean?
- Low levels of vitamin E can be associated with malabsorption syndromes like celiac disease, tropical spurue, cystic fibrosis etc.
- High levels are very uncommon
Patient Concerns about Vitamin E
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the sources of vitamin E?
Vitamin E is easily found in almonds, hazelnuts, corn and sunflower oil, green leafy vegetables.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Excellent service and delivery in very short period. Highly impressive
Himadri Shekhar Das