What is RPR/ VDRL?
- If you have symptoms or signs of syphillis infection like chancre on genitals or throat
- If you are pregnant
- If you are being treated for another sexually transmitted disease like gonorrhea
- If you have HIV infection
- If you have one or more partners who have tested positive for syphillis
Why is RPR/ VDRL done?
- A negative blood test means that you are most likely not suffering from syphillis infection. But, it only means that there is no evidence of disease at the time of the test. Antibodies may not appear several weeks after exposure to the bacteria. Therefore, repeat testing at a later date is advised.
- A positive test means you are most likely suffering form syphillis. It shoold be followed by a specific treponemal (syphillis) antibody test like FTA-ABS. A positive resolt on the second method confirms the previous resolt and that you are infected with syphillis.
Preparation for RPR/ VDRL
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for RPR/ VDRL
The sample type collected for Rapid Plasma Reagin is: Blood
About Thyrocare Laboratories Ltd.Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality at affordable costs to laboratories and hospitals in India and other countries. Thyrocare operates with a Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia. We have focus on strong technologies, strong brands and strong systems that enable all laboratories to give their clients the best of science and technology at an affordable cost. With a belief that 'Quality' is the heart of any intelligent management, Thyrocare became one of the first Indian diagnostic laboratories to obtain internationally renowned quality accreditations like ISO 9001-2000 rating as early as 2001, which is now escalated to ISO 9001:2008; NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certification in 2007.
User Reviews about Rapid Plasma Reagin
Excellent service and delivery in very short period. Highly impressive
Himadri Shekhar Das