NABL, NABH, ISO
What is CECT Chest With 3D?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the chest is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the chest or thorax to identify problems associated with the diaphragm, heart, lungs, food pipe, rib cage, spinal column and surrounding soft tissues like muscles. The data from contrast CT scans are then converted into a 3D image which can be further rotated 360 degrees in any dimension.
Why is CECT Chest With 3D done?
- To determine the cause of symptoms like cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, etc.
- To detect inflammation or infection of heart, lungs, food pipe, liver, stomach and other organs
- To detect injury to the internal organs, bones of rib cage, or spine due to trauma
- To make detailed assessment if some abnormalities appear in a standard X-ray of the chest
- To detect the presence of any tumors (abnormal growth)
- To detect any congenital abnormalities (birth defects)
- To direct intervention procedures like fine needle biopsy
Preparation for CECT Chest With 3D
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
Suraksha Diagnostic Pvt Ltd - Karkardooma
Karkardooma , NEW DELHI
Suraksha’s Diagnostic Centres are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment from GE, Schiller, Beckman Coulter, Siemens, Roche Diagnostic, Biorat D10, Variant Turbo, Biomerieux, Phillips, etc. The technology is backed by high caliber diagnosticians: radiologists, bio-chemists, pathologists, microbiologists as well as skilled technicians. Diagnostic services range from radiology to pathology and histopathology and molecular biology. Service has always been the distinguishing factor in Suraksha’s popularity. Whether it is the comfort, convenience or courtesy at the Centres or in delivering quick, accurate reports, we have led industry practices in India. Today with services such as online reports and SMS alerts we continue to lead the way in leveraging technology for better services. Suraksha Polyclinics, where specialist doctors can be consulted directly by patients, is another aspect of Suraksha’s service. All Suraksha Diagnostic Centres have an associated Polyclinic. Most polyclinics include super-speciailty clinics for Diabetes, Blood Pressure and Pain Management to provide holistic treatment.