NABL, NABH, ISO
The Cervico-Dorsal CT Scan or Computerized Tomography Scan is a diagnostic procedure where rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the cervical and dorsal regions (neck and upper back region) of the vertebral column. These cross sectional images can then be used to create a complete three dimensional image of the cervico-dorsal region of the spinal column where the vertebral bones, intervertebral disks and the surrounding soft tissues are clearly visible. This image can be used to visibly identify any pathological conditions of the spinal column.
Why Get Tested
- To detect the cause of any unexplained back pain;
- To detect fractures, inflammations, or infections of the vertebral bones not visible on a simple X-ra;
- To detect and diagnose herniated disk, which is the commonest cause of back pai;
- To detect malformations or genetic defects (birth defects) during spinal development in childre;
- To direct intervention procedures like fine needle biops;
- To detect any infection, injury or inflammation of the soft tissues like muscle, and ligaments of the spin;
- To diagnose any suspected osteoporosis, deformities or abnormal growth of the bones and arthritis (inflammation of the joints)
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Suraksha Diagnostic Pvt Ltd
Suraksha’s Diagnostic Centres are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment from GE, Schiller, Beckman Coulter, Siemens, Roche Diagnostic, Biorat D10, Variant Turbo, Biomerieux, Phillips, etc. TheRead More