Natural Killer Cell
You need to provide
This test is for
What is Natural Killer Cell?
Natural Killer (NK) cells protect a human against various infections. A natural killer cell test involves screening a sample of a person’s blood, isolating the NK cells and then culturing them with different solutions to find out their reaction. Embryonic cancer cells are used in combination with the NK cells to find out if they are attacked by the NK cells.
Why is Natural Killer Cell done?
- To evaluate condition of women with recurrent miscarriage
- To ensure proper treatment for the woman who has had multiple miscarriages
- To measure the number and activation levels of the NK cells
- As an alternative to, or in conjunction with, a traditional endometrial biopsy of the uterus
- To evaluate cases of repeated IVF failure (defined as two or more unsuccessful fresh IVF)