Non Contrast Computed Tomography (NCCT) of the hip joints is an imaging procedure in which the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the hip joint which can then be used to create a three dimensional image of the hip joint. This image can be used to visibly assess and detect problems in the joint and surrounding tissues.
Why Get Tested
- To detect fractures of the bones forming the hip join;
- To diagnose any osteoarthritis or dislocation of the hip join;
- To detect infections or inflammation of the hip join;
- To diagnose any infections of the tendons and ligaments supporting the hip join;
- To detect the presence of tumors (abnormal growths) in the area of hip joint
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Miracles Mediclinic is committed to providing consistently superior quality health care services to address the day-to-day health care needs of the family to maximize convenience and comfort. WeRead More