The Dorso-Lumbar NCCT (Non Contrast Computed Tomography) scan is an imaging procedure in which rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the lumbar region of the vertebral column, which are then used to create three dimensional image of the spinal column where the vertebral bones and the intervertebral disc are clearly visible. This image can be used to visibly identify and diagnose a disorder of the spinal column.
Why Get Tested
- To detect the cause of any unexplained lower back pain;
- To detect fractures, inflammations, or infections of the vertebral bones not visible on a simple X-ra;
- To detect and diagnose suspected herniated disk, which is the commonest cause of lower back pai;
- To detect malformations or genetic defects during spinal development in childre;
- To direct intervention procedures like fine needle biops;
- To detect any infection, injury or inflammation of the soft tissues like muscle, and ligaments of the spin;
- To diagnose any suspected infection, osteoporosis, deformities or abnormal growth of the bones
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Miracles Mediclinic is committed to providing consistently superior quality health care services to address the day-to-day health care needs of the family to maximize convenience and comfort. WeRead More