Non Contrast Computed Tomography (NCCT) of the cervical spine is an imaging procedure in which the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the part of the spinal column passing through the neck or cervical region of the spine to identify problems associated with it.
Why Get Tested
- To detect the cause of any unexplained neck pain or upper back pain;
- To detect fractures, inflammations, or infections of the bones not visible on a simple X-ra;
- To detect and diagnose any suspected herniated disk, which is the commonest cause of severe back pai;
- To detect any malformations or genetic defects during spinal development in childre;
- To direct intervention procedures like fine needle biops;
- To detect any infection, injury or inflammation of the soft tissues like muscle, and ligaments of the spin;
- To diagnose any suspected infection, osteoporosis, deformities or abnormal growth of the bones
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Miracles Mediclinic is committed to providing consistently superior quality health care services to address the day-to-day health care needs of the family to maximize convenience and comfort. WeRead More