What is CECT Nasopharynx - Axial?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) scan of the nasopharynx (axial) is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the nose, air filled hollow sinuses and pharynx (mouth, throat, and esophagus)
Preparation for CECT Nasopharynx - Axial
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
Why Get Tested for CECT Nasopharynx - Axial?
- To diagnose pharyngitis / sore throat (inflammation of the pharynx) and laryngitis (inflammation of the larynx)
- To detect sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses), tonsillitis (inflammation of the lymph nodes), epiglottitis (inflammation of the lid of larynx)
- To find out nasal obstruction and otitis media (earache with nasopharyngeal infection) and croup / laryngotracheobronchitis (viral infection which leads to infected airways passage)
Behind Jal Vayu Towers, GURGAON
Miracles Mediclinic is committed to providing consistently superior quality health care services to address the day-to-day health care needs of the family to maximize convenience and comfort. We offer a complete range of world-class healthcare services including Specialist Consultations (best Gynecologists, ENT, Cardiologists etc.), Diagnostics, MRI / CT, Preventive Health checks, Dental clinic, Physiotherapy, Pharmacy and best doctors from various medical fields – all under one-roof.