Test Results & Interpretations
You should get this test done if you have signs and symptoms of an ulcer like recurrent abdominal pain, feeling of fullness, nausea, indigestion, unexplained weight loss. H. Pylori test may be ordered when you have completed a regimen of prescribed antibiotics to confirm that H pylori has been eliminated.
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms or signs of infection with H. Pylori infection like epigastric pain, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- If you have completed a regimen of prescribed antibiotics to confirm that H pylori infection has been eliminated
No special preparation required
Antibody testing detects bacterial antibodies, but does not distinguish a current infection from an old one.
- A negative result confirms no stomach infection
- A positive result means infection and should be confirmed by a stool antigen or breath test.
- Levels between 0-20 units means no significant level of IgG antibody were detected
- Levels between 20.1-24.9 units suggests repeating serological testing within 10-14 days
- Levels more than 25 units means you are positive for IgG antibody and suggests an active infection
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Who is at risk for Helicobacter Pylori infection?
The people who are at a high risk for the infection are: Children People living in a developing country People who live with a person who has an active infection People who live in crowded households People who don’t have access to clean drinking water
At Metropolis, the best pathology lab in India what we believe is what we say and what we say is what we do. Being empathetic to our customers and being committed to their needs is in our DNA.Read More
Very Good Experience. I got my reports on the same day.. Thank you 1 MG for Superfast Service !! Keep it Up :-)
Good Job............Keep it up