What is Mammography-One SIde?
Mammography is a specialized low dose X-ray imaging technique which helps in the detection of the early breast cancer before a woman faces the symptoms for further treatment. The radiologist helps to place the breast on a plate where the breast is hardly pressed from the above while the X-ray is being taken. The whole examination process takes nearly about 30 minutes.
Preparation for Mammography-One SIde
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Why Get Tested for Mammography-One SIde?
- To diagnose presence of any breast cancer and post surgical scarring of the breast tissues in women
- To detect simple cyst formation and fibrosis (thickening and scarring of the connective tissue which leads to tissue injury)
- To find out the case of adenosis (local or benign breast cancer condition where milk producing glands becomes enlarged than normal condition)
- To evaluate breast abscess (infection caused due to excessive accumulation of the pus)
Mahajan Imaging Centre (HZ)
Hauz Khas Enclave, NEW DELHI
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MR mammography, CT coronary angiography, 4D ultrasound with tomography, PET-CT, CT-guided robotic biopsy, digital mammography and DEXA bone densitometry. Continuing the said trend, they have recently installed Asia’s 1st Silent MRI technology and India’s first Dual Energy Spectral CT Scanner with the most advances cardiac imaging capabilities in the world. There are currently seven centres in New Delhi, with the standalone centres in Hauz Khas and Defence Colony. The other centres located in prestigious hospitals including Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, PSRI Hospital, Fortis Hospital, BLK Super Speciality Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital.