The Cone Beam Computed Tomography or CBCT test is an imaging technique that uses cone shaped X-ray beams to create a detailed three dimensional image of the teeth, surrounding bones, soft tissues, blood vessels, and nerves to visually assess their condition and diagnose any problems associated with them and to guide treatment procedures for these conditions.
Why Get Tested
- CBCT scan is performed when standard dental X-ray imaging is insufficient to detect diseases of the teeth, jaws, facial bones, nasal cavity, and the sinuses
- To plan for surgical treatment of damaged teeth
- To diagnose temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- To detect presence of any tumors (abnormal growth)
- To assess bone structure and positioning of teeth
- To guide positioning of dental implants
- To guide any reconstructive surgical procedures
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Mahajan Imaging Centre (HZ)
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MRRead More