The Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan is an imaging procedure that uses magnetic fields and non ionizing radio waves to create detailed images of the heart which can be used to assess the condition of the heart and blood vessels and diagnose any problems in them.
Why Get Tested
- To diagnose any suspected underlying coronary artery diseases
- To diagnose cardiovascular diseases like infections, inflammations and tumors of the cardiac tissue
- To guide and monitor progress of treatment of various cardiovascular diseases.
- To understand and guide the treatment of congenital heart diseases
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Mahajan Imaging Centre (HZ)
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MRRead More