What is Stress Echo-Cardiography?
The Stress Echocardiography test also called as an echocardiography stress test or stress echo is an imaging procedure in which the images of the heart are taken using ultrasonography while exercising. It helps to understand blood flow to the heart muscles during stress and detect disorders and abnormalities.
Preparation for Stress Echo-Cardiography
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Stress Echo-Cardiography?
- To assess blood flow patterns to the heart muscles during exercise
- To detect structural anomalies of blood vessels developing under stress
- To understand and diagnose cause of chest pain
- To determine efficiency of heart under stress, especially after a previous heart attack
- To determine the efficacy of medications or other treatment procedures for heart conditions
- To determine how much exercise you can safely tolerate if you’re in cardiac rehabilitation
- To follow up after treatments such as bypass grafting, angioplasty, and anti-anginal or antiarrhythmic medications
Mahajan Imaging Centre (HZ)
Hauz Khas Enclave, NEW DELHI
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MR mammography, CT coronary angiography, 4D ultrasound with tomography, PET-CT, CT-guided robotic biopsy, digital mammography and DEXA bone densitometry. Continuing the said trend, they have recently installed Asia’s 1st Silent MRI technology and India’s first Dual Energy Spectral CT Scanner with the most advances cardiac imaging capabilities in the world. There are currently seven centres in New Delhi, with the standalone centres in Hauz Khas and Defence Colony. The other centres located in prestigious hospitals including Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, PSRI Hospital, Fortis Hospital, BLK Super Speciality Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital.