What is CECT Right Ankle Joint?
The Contrast Enhanced Computed Tomography (CECT) of the right ankle joint is an imaging procedure where a contrast dye is injected into the body and X-ray beams are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the right ankle joint which is used to assess any injury or other disorders of the right ankle joint.
Preparation for CECT Right Ankle Joint
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
Why Get Tested for CECT Right Ankle Joint?
- To detect fractures of the bones of the ankle joint not visible on a simple X-ray
- To detect the cause of any unexplained pain in the ankle joint
- To detect any infection, injury or inflammation of the soft tissues like the muscle, the tendons and ligaments of the ankle joint
- To diagnose any suspected infection, osteoporosis, deformities or abnormal growth of the bones and arthritis (inflammation of the joints)
Mahajan Imaging Centre (HZ)
Hauz Khas Enclave, NEW DELHI
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MR mammography, CT coronary angiography, 4D ultrasound with tomography, PET-CT, CT-guided robotic biopsy, digital mammography and DEXA bone densitometry. Continuing the said trend, they have recently installed Asia’s 1st Silent MRI technology and India’s first Dual Energy Spectral CT Scanner with the most advances cardiac imaging capabilities in the world. There are currently seven centres in New Delhi, with the standalone centres in Hauz Khas and Defence Colony. The other centres located in prestigious hospitals including Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, PSRI Hospital, Fortis Hospital, BLK Super Speciality Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital.