What is CT Angiography Right Lower Limb?
The CT Angiography right lower limb is an imaging procedure in which the rotating beams of X-rays are used after injection of a contrast material to create a detailed image of the arteries that carry blood to the legs. In this test a small catheter is threaded into the leg and radiocontrast material is injected into the leg vein and the final X-ray image is viewed on a video screen.
Preparation for CT Angiography Right Lower Limb
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Why Get Tested for CT Angiography Right Lower Limb?
- To diagnose narrowed blood vessel or blocked arteries of the pelvis, knees, legs, ankles and injured blood vessels
- To detect any peripheral artery disease (PAD) which results in narrowed or blockage in the peripheral arteries of your leg (claudication)
- To find out takayasu’s disease (aorta inflammation which carries blood from the heart to the remaining body) and buerger’s disease (rare problem of swollen arm or leg arteries / vein which leads to clot)
- To evaluate atherosclerosis (depositions of fats or cholesterol in the artery walls) and vasculitis (swollen artery which results in decreased blood flow)
Hamdard Imaging Centre
Hamdard Nagar, NEW DELHI
Hamdard Imaging centre has been established with a vision to provide latest and advanced technology for everyone at an affordable cost without compromising on quality and care .We strive to upgrade our equipments , technology and integrate latest advances in imaging.Established in 2013 under an agreement between Jamia Hamdard and Clearmedi Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. to provide radiological services to the well established HAH Centenary Hospital, Hamdard Institute Medical Science and Research (HIMSR).